Yellow Brick House
Yellow Brick House is a non-profit charitable organization that is mandated to provide services in York Region to women and children who have experienced violence and abuse.
Yellow Brick House provides four core services: emergency shelter, transitional housing, outreach services and public education. The two emergency shelters offer a safe place for women and children fleeing from their abusive relationships. In Reta’s Place, this transitional housing facility provides housing units to women and children transitioning from the emergency shelter to living independently. Outreach services offer an array of programs to women and their children in various stages of their abusive relationship from counselling to legal services. The Violence Prevention and Public Education Program reaches out to schools to raise awareness of the prevalence and devastating effects of domestic violence, by hosting workshops and seminars on dating violence and healthy relationships.
Why support Yellow Brick House?With the money received, Yellow Brick House can continue to run their programs to help empower women and their children in their journey to rebuilding their lives.
Become a BeneficiaryFor more information on applying to become a Power Unit Youth Organization beneficiary, please contact:
- President, Power Unit Youth Organization
- Alice Chong
- Chairperson of Night It Up!
- Shirley Ng
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for UNITY Charity
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Second Harvest
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Make-A-Wish Canada
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Sleeping Children Around The World
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Well of Change
- Rebranded as Night It Up!, raised awareness for OtherHalf Chinese Stem Cell Drive and Asian Community AIDS Services
- Toronto Night Market raised $5,000 for Youth Out Loud
- Toronto Night Market raised $10,000 for Yee Hong’s Centre for Geriatric Care
- Renamed to Toronto Night Market, raised $10,000 for Under the Banyan Tree: Centre for the Developmentally Disabled
- Asian Night Market raised $10,000 for Harmony Place
- Asian Night Market raised $5,000 for Child Find in memory of Cecilia Zhang
- Asian Night Market: “Bring Toronto Back to Life”, took place in an effort to rejuvenate Toronto after SARS, raised $10,000 for Scarborough Hospital, Grace Division
- Asian Night Market launched in July at Metro Square, raised $3,000 for Covenant House