Raising the RoofRaising the Roof has become a national leader in long-term solutions to homelessness through partnership and collaboration with diverse stakeholders, investment in local communities, and public education.
While efforts to address the issue of homelessness in Canada have primarily focused on emergency response in the past, Raising the Roof believes that long-term solutions require prevention, systems responses, and early intervention. Their current strategic directions focus specifically on homelessness prevention, which is stopping someone from experiencing homelessness before it happens.
Why Support Raising the Roof?
The proceeds fundraised by Power Unit Youth Organization this year will be used to support The Upstream Project, Canada’s first school-based prevention program aimed at addressing youth homelessness. Through The Upstream Project, Raising the Roof will work with community Partner Agencies and the school system to identify students who may be at-risk of homelessness and provide them with the necessary supports to ensure they remain safely housed and in school.
For more information about The Upstream Project click here.
Become a BeneficiaryFor more information on applying to become a Power Unit Youth Organization beneficiary, please contact:
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Yellow Brick House
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for UNITY Charity
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Second Harvest
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Make-A-Wish Canada
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Sleeping Children Around The World
- Night It Up! raised $10,000 for Well of Change
- Rebranded as Night It Up!, raised awareness for OtherHalf Chinese Stem Cell Drive and Asian Community AIDS Services
- Toronto Night Market raised $5,000 for Youth Out Loud
- Toronto Night Market raised $10,000 for Yee Hong’s Centre for Geriatric Care
- Renamed to Toronto Night Market, raised $10,000 for Under the Banyan Tree: Centre for the Developmentally Disabled
- Asian Night Market raised $10,000 for Harmony Place
- Asian Night Market raised $5,000 for Child Find in memory of Cecilia Zhang
- Asian Night Market: “Bring Toronto Back to Life”, took place in an effort to rejuvenate Toronto after SARS, raised $10,000 for Scarborough Hospital, Grace Division
- Asian Night Market launched in July at Metro Square, raised $3,000 for Covenant House